NKJV Chronological Study Bible–soft leather-look, earth brown/auburn
By Thomas Nelson
The Chronological Study Bible is the only study Bible that presents the text of the New King James Version in chronological order—the order in which the events actually happened—with notes, articles, and full-color graphics that connect the reader to the history and culture of Bible times and gives the reader a dramatic, "you are there" experience.
- The entire New King James Bible with translators' notes, arranged in chronological order for absorbing and effective Bible study
- Full-color illustrations of places, artifacts, and cultural phenomena that give you a dramatic, "you are there" experience
- Fascinating articles that connect the Bible text to world history and culture
- Daily Life Notes that explain how people lived in Bible times
- Epoch Introductions and Historical Overviews that provide vivid chronological context
- Transition Comments that set the stage and prepare you for the biblical text that follows
- "Time Capsules" of world history that accompany the Bible text
- Time Panels and Charts that show the flow of Bible history
- In-text and full-page color maps of the biblical world
- A handy scripture finder index that provides rapid access to any passage
- Topical Index Scripture Index, Concordance, and Glossary to facilitate study
- Dynamic One-Year and Two-Year daily reading plans—allow you to read through the Bible chronologically in one or two years.
- Eight pages of full-color maps
- Blank lined pages for personal notes
- Presentation page
- Ribbon marker
- 9-point text size
- 9.75" x 6.75" x 1.75".
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through HarperCollins Publishers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
The NKJV Chronological Study Bible is not intended to replace your traditional daily reading Bible, but rather to enhance your understanding of God’s Word. It does this through the many tools which are built into this marvelous study Bible. The NKJV Chronological Study Bible starts off with a detailed and lengthy introduction. The lengthy introduction is put in place to ensure the user/reader will become familiar with all the tools available to him, in order to get the most out of their studies.
Instead of displaying the books of the Bible in the content list, there is a list of Epochs. The Epochs consist of events that happen during that particular segment of time. Each Epoch is assigned a particular time frame. At the beginning of each Epoch it covers what was going on during that time period. Throughout the pages, there are charts, panels, time capsules, sections explaining the culture or the events taking place, and maps. Pages and sections of special interest stand out with a background looking like ancient pages. The NKJV Chronological Study Bible holds more information than I ever thought a Chronological Bible could hold. Just thinking about the content and the beauty of this Bible, simply amazes me.
If you are looking for an excellent study resource, I recommend the NKJV Chronological Study Bible.